You can't tell a Yuppie by their clothes.

There is a couple at church who I often happen to sit next to. Always fashionably dressed and mannered. (The kind you sit up straighter around) I often feel intimidated by people who look really well put together. Maybe inadequate is the word, but that's my problem and not anyone else's.

The point is one Sunday I was sitting next to these people with their unfortunate name and stylish things and I needed to use the restroom.

I always have to use the restroom. It's a problem.

I made a sign as if to notify my fellow parishioners and hope maybe they move slightly to make my exit quick and the wife did something I did not expect. She moved over with a look in her eyes containing no malice or annoyance. The husband followed with a smile and similar niceness. They couldn't care less if they had to move because I needed to.

How do you feel small around people who don't feel themselves to be big. The short answer is that you don't. In the list that I carry around in my head and with which I classify all I come in contact with, I moved them from Yuppie to Classy. Corny to be sure, but just because someone looks nice doesn't mean that are full of themselves or don't act nice also.

We are often warned not to be prejudiced, but let us remember not to be biased on either end of the spectrum.