I identify with ...What?

I had a horrid realization the other night. Of all the books and columns I've read I can say only three people think the way I do. As a contemporary Pat Robertson has always articulated my views to a T, but if that wasn't bad enough there are two fictional characters with whom I also identify.

While reading Orwell's 1984 and Deliverance I found myself consistantly feeling as if the protagonists of both books were taken directly from my inner conscience. Their thoughts and actions were so similar to what my own that I felt a comfort and familiarity with both characters. Yes you heard me: Deliverance and 1984. Something is deeply wrong upstairs. I've always known I thought differently, but this takes the cake.

There are two great examples of how numbingly boring my point is. One is when the character Ed Gentry observed the precise moment when the suburbs of Atlanta stopped and became rural. Oh if the man could see sprawling capital of the New South Atlanta now! Another moment of revelation whas when Ed stood in his office and thought about how often men before stood the same way when making decisions. I liked Ed.

1984 was love at first sight, the opening line is "It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen". Little did I know there was a Clifford about to run into trouble in London, the capital of Airstrip 1.

Anyways this is my creepy little inner conscience.